Monday, September 10, 2007

Use Microsoft Word to write a book


Word and long documents
Word likes memory and is notorious for hogging the slow lane when working with long documents such as books.

Microsoft Word Tips

Make sure to use styles throughout the document - not just for speed either. Styles can be used to automatically generate and update items such as TOC's (Table of Contents).

Turn off background repagination (Tools> Options> General) if working in normal view.

Remember should you switch to Print Layout repagination will turn on automatically.

2 comments:

blogger said...

do you have any tips on how to create references on the book. I've already managed to create the TOC.

Alex said...

I often use ms word files but yesterday I stumbled across with a complicated issue. My doc files were deleted. Luckily for me I accidentally found out - fix micrsoft word docx files. The application resolved my trouble within a minute and ultimately free of cost.